Nexus Expatriate Magazine - lifestyle and career monthly
Expat Network has, since its inception, published a monthly magazine that seeks to discuss issues affecting expatriates - features, images, letters and information.
Eagerly awaited each month, Nexus talks to you and the family about your way of life, your concerns, your financial matters and your job and location.
Our regular writers cover industry or country reviews, often looking at future projects, long range forecasts for industry or a particular project of interest. We like to cover controversial subjects within the expat community – in the past we’ve written about safety issues in the Middle East and Africa, expats growing gardens abroad, dual-country marriage, culture shock, migration and immigration, the list is extensive.
Inside we look at finance, including a financial ‘questions and answers’ slot, projects, contract information, Expat Network members’ news and we highlight one project in the world worth expanding upon.
100's of current jobs throughout the world.
More expat-related essentials
Letters, book reviews, gifts, location reports...
What's in Nexus in May 2013
Homing in on a New Home?
- Iain Yule examines the changes
Jumping Jobs, Switching Sectors
- How do you move through industries for work?
Living in Euroland
- Tim Skelton lives and works in the Netherlands, he shares his thoughts
Metal Box Mecca
- This month’s project in the spotlight
Secrets of Domination
- Everybody wants to rule the world, Rob Flemming looks at very secret societies
Getting into the Game
- Sport around the world
- Advice on living and working in China
FinanceLink & Q&A
Finance News and your Financial Questions Answered
- Contractors Beware Tax Loophole for Sick Pay
- UK Taxman Promises ‘No Safe Haven’
- Budget Changes Tax and Residence Rules
- Free App Offers Finance Help
- Expats Confident About Finances
- Can I Release My UK Pension Money To My Expat Home?
- Do Bank Accounts Make Me Resident?
- Company Set-Up To Reduce Tax?
Contract news from around the world
- Solar Projects in South Africa Get $2.2 Billion Boost
- Chinese-Israeli JV Wins Ethiopian Contract
- CNPC to Expand Crude Oil Pipeline
- FCC Secures Two Peru Contracts
- Bouygues Construction Wins First Myanmar Contract
- Aker Solutions Wins Contract from Premier Oil
- Reef Subsea Secures Construction Contracts Offshore West Africa
- Italy's Techint Wins Iraq Oil Field Deal
- Petrofac and Daewoo Win Abu Dhabi Upper Zakum Oilfield Contract
- Arup Delivers ‘Total’ Design for Olympic Sport Complex
- Fire-Breathing Bridge Opens in Vietnam
Recruitment News Round-up
A collection of recent press announcements around recruitment
- Orion Group Appoints Gary Benson as Chief Operating Officer for Americas & West Africa
- New Visa Categories for Australia
- Saudi Education and Training Contract
- International Project Manager Sues for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
News from Global Members
To view the latest edition of Nexus Digital - Click Here
Not a member? You can view a past issue of Nexus Here
E-Newsletter - May 2013 Edition
As well as our monthly magazine, Nexus, we also publish a mid-month E-Newsletter to keep you up-to-date with the latest jobs, contracts and expat news.
To view the current edition, click here
This months Newsletter includes:
- 12 firms bid for Oman railway preliminary design contract
- South Korea's Daelim wins Kuwait refinery expansion
- Bouygues Euro €74 million contract Myanmar
- KBR lands Victoria transport project
- EDC allots $46.5 million for overseas projects
- Proposal for 'hanging gardens of Doha' debated
- Your World Healthcare opens new Australian office in Perth
- Expats Say Pension Inequality Argument Will Backfire on Britain
- Americans renouncing citizenship to become British thanks to tax rise
- Phuket visa run destination Kuala Lumpur stops issuing 12-month non-immigrant B visas
- British expat loses court case over voting rights
- FCO scraps Locate system
- UAE expats shell out up to 30% of income on school fees
- Expat professionals moving away from India
- Australian government launches JobSearch app
- Featured Jobs
- Expat Services Directory
- Expat Network Members Property
- Conversations with Expats
- Forum Bytes