Expat Travel Insurance
Many expats are not aware that travel insurance cover they had taken out in their home country usually becomes invalid after a move abroad. If you are planning to travel outside your new country of residence, it is important to make sure you are covered.
Your international health insurance may provide some degree of protection abroad, but it often does not include all the cover you need while travelling. See our article ‘International Health Insurance vs Travel Insurance’ for more information on this topic.
As it is not always easy to find decent local travel insurance in some countries, it is good to know that a few insurance providers offer travel insurance specifically designed for expats. We have selected two travel insurance specialists who provide travel cover tailored for expats that is available in many countries:
Columbus Expat Travel Insurance – comprehensive, high-level cover and great value for money
• Professional 24h multilingual emergency helpline
• Up to US $14 million medical cover including repatriation
• Up to US $7,500 cancellation cover
• Up to US $4,000 baggage cover
• More than 30 sports and activities covered
• Winter sports, golf and business cover available
• Available as Single Trip or Annual Multi Trip (unlimited trips)
Quote and book online
• Single Trip from US $14, Multi Trip from US $78
• Get a free quote in 1 minute
• Buy your policy in less than 5 minutes
• Instant insurance certificate via email
• Buy up to 1 hour before you leave
• Secure data connection certified by Geotrust
Liaison International Expat Travel Plan – affordable travel medical insurance
• Four medical benefit options up to $1,000,000.
• All options include intensive care, outpatient medical expenses, dental emergency and hospital room and board cover, among other benefits.
• Emergency medical evacuation.
• Children under 19 are escorted home if you’re hospitalised.
• Loss of luggage and natural disasters are covered.
• 24 hours a day telephone assistance is provided for help in emergency situations.
For instant cover Apply now or read our brochure to find out more.