Bright Tax

Telephone: +1 212 465 2538 Website:

Company Information

Photo of Bright Tax

All American citizens and green card holders are required to file a federal US tax return, reporting their worldwide income, wherever in the world they live.

Filing US taxes from overseas is typically more complex than filing from the US, as expats also have to identify and claim the most beneficial IRS exemptions for their situation to avoid paying US taxes, and, in many cases, file a Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR) to report any foreign bank and investment accounts they may have, too. Foreign businesses should also be reported, while some states require expats to continue filing state taxes, depending on the state and again depending on each expat’s circumstances.

Bright!Tax was founded by Greg Dewald after he moved abroad and discovered that existing services and support weren’t good enough. He set out to create an expat tax filing experience that makes the process smooth and hassle free, employing bespoke, proprietary technology while maintaining a high level of support thanks to a personal relationship with a highly qualified, expat-expert American CPA.

The results have been stellar, including rapid growth and numerous awards for best expat tax provider and financial services innovation, as Bright!Tax has quickly become the leading light in the expat taxes field.

So choose us if you want a smooth, simple filing experience, and a dedicated enthusiastic, personable, expat specialist CPA on hand to support you 24/7/365. Our online platform employs online-banking grade security protocols and was designed to make your life easier.

Head over to to find out more. We’re enthusiastic to help you files your US expat taxes, whatever your circumstances and wherever in the world your journey has taken you.

We also specialize in catching up without paying penalties.