Published: 16th February 2017 (6 days ago)
HSE Manager- Algeria
My client is a multinational company looking to appoint a Site HSE Manager to join the company as a staff member for their operations in Algeria.
• Ensure that the HSE Plan and HSE documentation, reports, others areis prepared, issued and
• Liaise with Client as required and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
• Liaise with Subcontractors and monitor their compliance with HSE requirements applicable
for the Project.
• Specify the requirements for resources - personnel and equipment - ensuring they meet the
requirements and are arranged in time. Recruit and manage HSE Department staff.
• Ensure the means to act on health emergencies on Site and have contracted hospitals in the
• Ensure that the Emergency Plan and procedures are adequate for Site and resources are
available as convenient.
• Ensure that you have all legal documents needed for HSE, preparing, issuing, approving and
arranging when necessary. Maintain relationships with competent authority in the field of HSE
and attend their visits on Site.
• Ensure necessary means to fulfil the environmental procedures.
• Support General Assistance to the Project Director or Site Manager in the control of access of
persons, vehicles and equipment.
• Manage, from a HSE point of view, issues related to Camp facilities.
• Ensure that the HSE plans, working methods and risk assessments plans of subcontractors
• Ensure that staff has the necessary training to do their job and has received the initial
• Ensure that HSE inspections are conducted.
• Ensure clear information between Site and the HSE Department.
• Promote, develop, manage and facilitate training to meet specific HSE initiatives.
• Promote a culture of integrated security safety and inform that all INITEC staff has
responsibilities in HSE matters.
· High level in FRENCH and ENGLISH is a MUST.
· More than 10 years’ experience as HSE Manager in construction of industrial plants.
· At least 4 years’ work experience abroad.
· Must have availability to be mobilised to Site ASAP.
· University Degree preferable or able to prove 10 years’ experience in the
role (very important due to visas regulation)
· Formal education/qualification in HSE formal (NEBOSH or similar).
· Knowledge in Environmental Management System (UNE-EN-ISO 14001).
- Experience in Oil&Gas sector.
- Experience in Algeria or Middle East countries.
- Experience in construction projects as EPC Contractor.
- Experience working in remote locations
Please get in touch, send your details over, I will get back in touch very quickly.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.