NES Global Talent
Published: 17th February 2017 (5 days ago)
A major operator has a vacancy for a Construction Coordinator to join their development project in Iraq.
The Construction Coordinator is accountable for ensuring the delivery of maintenance and project related construction activities. The role is responsible for providing technical support, organization and coordination for the site phases of construction and commissioning activities.
The objectives of the role include ensuring the quality of installation procedures and developing the construction strategy and installation methods associated with the activity. To achieve these objectives, the candidate will be required to participate in and organize the preparation and implementation of mechanical completion of piping based systems ensuring compliance with standards, specifications and health, safety and environmental (HSE) policy
- Key accountabilities
- Effective management of risks associated with construction related work activities. It is expected that the individual will be highly visible in the field and ensure delivery of HSE and plant integrity and efficiency targets
- Developing local contractor site leaders by creating expectations of quality and delivery and assuring that it is achieved.
- Lead and direct contractor supervisors in the development, prioritization, and delivery of multi-disciplined activities.
- Support the integration of strategic maintenance contractors and contracted resources to the work activities to enhance safety, competence, performance, and delivery.
- Participate in piping/mechanical constructability and planning activities for all greenfield and brownfield work scopes.
- Ensure compliance with International Standards, Iraqi Legislation & Company Standards
- Ensure all piping, mechanical and structural scope is fully installed, mechanically complete and ready to hand over for commissioning activities.
• Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or an equivalent technical education with significant experience in either oil and gas, refining or chemical plant construction and with demonstrated capability in leading brownfield construction related activities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.