Published: 5th June 2019 (12 days ago)
Airswift - Accounting Analyst - North York, ON. 12-month contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek an Accounting Analyst to join them on a 12-month contract with the possibility to extend or transition into DH located in North York, ON.
Back the Internal Controls process. Provide support to guarantee that a robust internal control environment is maintained in accordance with US GAAP Standards and to protect the integrity and reliability of accounting and financial reporting for the company.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Conduct assessments on the quality of department controls and potential ineffectiveness
* Evaluate the quality and completeness of department account reconciliations
* Monitor and evaluate passed adjustments/errors on a monthly and quarterly basis
* Represent department on projects that require a controls representative/perspective
* Co-ordination and facilitation of special projects and process improvement initiatives for controls
* Monitor control gaps and help to document gap assessments
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related area.
- Relevant Accounting experience in related area(s).
- Strong financial system skills with Oracle and SAP and Microsoft applications
- Strong understanding of how financial reporting and accounting processes function including system controls, financial controls and risk assessment.
- Requires 10+ years relevant work experience.
- CPA designation is mandatory.