Published: 8th February 2019 (8 days ago)
Airswift- Accounting Analyst- Houston, TX. 6 months contract.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an Accounting Analyst to join them on an initial 6 months contract located in Houston, TX, with possibility to extend.
The main task will be backing the financial reporting and analysis processes and deliver efficient, timely and accurate financial reporting.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Examine and prepare financial statements and reports
- Do monthly and quarterly close processes and post-close reporting
- Do variance analytics and forecasting/planning actions.
- Balance Sheet Integrity (BSI)
- Participate in the delivery of financial procedures
- Work with the audit, tax and legal teams to deliver key data.
- Cooperate with the business to deliver financial data and support on ad hoc projects.
- Recognize and implement continuous process improvements.
- Organize the development of forecasts, budgets and long range plan presentations for senior management
- Assess and analyze key financial metrics including Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) AND Distributable Cash Flow (DCF) for the consolidated GTM business unit
- Cooperate with DCP Midstream personnel regarding Budget, Forecast and Long Range Plan and develop an in depth understanding of DCP operations and financial statements
Previous education & experience required:
- BW a plus and Microsoft applications especially Access and strong Excel skills.
- Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems
- Strong understanding of how financial reporting and accounting processes function including system controls, financial controls, control processes and risk assessment
- 6 years relevant work experience.
- CPA or MBA is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or Business related area
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, which has a realistic possibility to be a long-term position, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume