Published: 15th March 2019 (9 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Billing Specialist for a maternity leave assignment. In this role you will be working collaboratively with the Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) engineering team and reporting to the Project Accountant. This is a full time position offered on a contract basis and located centrally in Perth CBD.
Our successful applicant will be working closely with Project Managers, Project Controllers and Project Accountants to invoice for services in line with contract terms and the work completed. Working effectively across the project allocation you will ensure that effective and timely billing takes place and manage the project billing to payment process and collections to ensure the timely collection of payments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a passion for numbers, analysis and a committment to attention to detail. You will readily demonstrate an inquisitive energy directed towards troubleshooting and successfully resolving anomalies.
Applicants please note that at this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region already in place.
- Understand financial information within commercial agreements e.g. billing cycles and criteria to which billing takes place, obtaining agreed sell rates
- Ensure the timely billing of all projects, producing invoices at the earliest opportunity and ensuring we are meeting the conditions for billing milestones and where appropriate obtaining milestone certificates
- Ensure the accuracy of invoicing
- Monitor project payments ensuring payment terms are met
- Work with the project team to resolve queries pertaining to external and internal supplied invoice date or set-up queries
- Assist the Project Accountant on maintaining Cash Flow assumptions on all projects within allocated remit
- Interface effectively with both external and internal stakeholders
- Communicating in a professional manner both written and verbal communication will be focussed on an excellent client experience
- Support company financial and commercial targets and improvement initiatives
- Collections and follow up to unpaid invoices is a component of the role and requires a candidate with a cheery / engaging communication style while not losing sight of the objective of receiving payment for work satisfactorily completed by the project team
Reporting: This is a critical element of the role. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to collate the varied detail across all media and present reports that accurately illustrate project progression and budget comparisons in line with the dedicated timeline to meet other related reporting dates. This requires accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Work with leadership in reporting outstanding receivables on each allocated project and Reconciliation of Project Billing
- Work with stakeholders to highlight customer feedback and collaborate on improvements for the customer experience
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated recent relevant experience in a similar role, either client invoicing or working within an Accounts Receivable function
- Past experience in following up unpaid invoices to ensure the project team maintains positive cash flows
- A passion for communication and working effectively within a team and with a project team of specialists
- Sound reporting skills – oral and written, with the ability to work across varied media and able to meet reporting deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and troubleshooting expertise
- An eye for detail and committed to accuracy
- Experience of working on an ERP system
- Computer literate with a strong practical understanding of Microsoft Office
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.