Published: 8th November 2018 (11 days ago)
Our client is seeking a Buyer in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a full-time, 1-year contract with the potential for extension.
- Executes the complete procurement process from analyzing requests, investigating buying channels and supply sources, preparing all aspects of competitive bids through to commercial evaluation, recommendations and purchase order issuance while ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures and user requirements are met.
- Provide support to all business units in the development and approval of Service and Material Requisitions and associated documentation.
- Negotiates on price, delivery, payment terms, cancellation terms, liquidated damages, warranty, etc.
- Acts as liaison between suppliers, consultants and departments on current orders and procurement procedures.
- Provides user departments with recent pricing, delivery, sources of supply and historical information as required.
- Participates on cross-functional sourcing teams for supplier/product consistency.
- Involvement in planning, development and review of existing purchasing methods to ensure best practices are being utilized.
- Assists with issues within the procurement function, providing alternatives and recommendations.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures, and audit guidelines / SOX requirements.
- Assists with the supplier qualification process.
- Validates and reconciles supplier invoices, and other payment documents.
- Ensures surplus materials are reviewed prior to purchasing new material.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market conditions relating to supply and pricing.
- Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
- May provide training to department members.
- Acts as the designated Procurement Lead for assigned core and capital projects if assigned.
- Provides assistance to regions as required in handling their day to day operational procurement requirements.
- Coordinates, executes, reviews and analyzes the procurement of materials, equipment and supplies in accordance with prescribed Enbridge policies and procedures.
- Prepare, issue and evaluate RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's as required.
- Responsible to liaison between projects, site personnel, consultants and suppliers.
- Share knowledge and experiences within the procurement team to optimize overall procurement practices.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in buying or procurement
- Experience procuring services
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite