Published: 12th July 2019 (5 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood has an opportunity for a specialist Civil & Structural Engineer, with extensive experience in steel structure design of modules for onshore Oil & Gas project.
- To provide, with full responsibility and accountability, technical services to the Project in the areas of Marine Structural - wharves, jetties, mooring dolphins, breasting dolphins, beacon / buoy, pipe trestles, walkways, gangways, and their foundation and structure ensuring that designs are in compliance with the latest Codes, Standards, Procedures, Practices, National / International and project requirements and procedures
- Lead and manage various technical studies such as Marine Navigational Studies, mooring / berthing studies, dredging requirement studies, constructability study, gangway selection study, Fendering Studies etc
- Carry out various calculations / analysis like Mooring Selection, Tanker Fendering Design, ship loading platform capacity assessments, pipe access trestle design, breasting and mooring dolphin designs, access catwalk designs etc
- Develop marine specifications like specification for gangways, fenders, dredging, real time met-ocean monitoring, specification for fabricating steel piles, pile driving, precast / cast-in place concrete, concrete reinforcements, cathodic protection, Quick Release Mooring Hooks & capstan, navigational aids etc
- Gather, research and analyses pertinent data and information and prepares recommendations with supporting technical data
- Liaise with other Discipline Engineers and End-Users, co-ordinates with external consultant, in order to develop cost effective and fit-for- purpose design solutions, to fit project requirements
- Prepare specifications and work scopes and assists in tender evaluation process
- Provides Projects with technical content of Project Development and Execution Plans, including defining design and construction criteria and procurement strategies for critical items like fenders, Quick Release Hooks, structural steel etc
- Prepare or direct the preparation of marine structural drawings, layouts, schematics, material take-off etc
- Knowledge related to environmental sensitivity related to underwater scenarios is an added advantage
- Contribute towards updating discipline Engineering Codes, Standards, Specifications and Philosophies
Project Specific Responsibilities
- Study the site, layout and size requirements of Jetties
- Conduct navigational simulation studies of the ships, barges etc.
- Design of Material Offloading Facilities (MOF)- permanent and temporary
- Design of Liquid and Solid Jetties including Piling, Precast Platform, Mooring, Fender design and selection, Gangway etc.
- Preparation of MTO / subcontract requisition for “design and build” of Jetties and MOF’s.
- Lead in Bathymetric survey and Marine soil investigation work.
- Assess dredging requirements
- Preparation of requisition for Bathymetric investigation
- Preparation of requisition for Marine soil investigation.
- Interpretation of Marine soil reports and selection of suitable piling methods.
- Review of calculation and drawings of jetties from Design & Built Contractor.
- Preparation of specification and selection of Jetty appurtenances like fenders, quick release hooks, gangways etc.
- Field engineering support during construction of MOF’s and Jetties.
- Managing construction company for quality, progress etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Structural / Marine Discipline
- Minimum 15 years of overall experience and minimum 10 years of relevant experience as marine engineer in a reputed engineering organization in the oil and Gas industry.
- Preferred to have knowledge in Local Singapore CSA Permitting Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.