Published: 12th July 2019 (5 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood has an opportunity for a specialist Civil & Structural Engineer, with extensive experience in steel structure design of modules for onshore Oil & Gas project, including conceptualization of the modules & Joint design.
- Overall technical direction and co-ordination of all Civil & Structural engineering and design work on assigned projects in accordance with Project Execution Plan, applicable Project Procedures and Standards
- Lead in conceptual study of modularization - configuration& framing, optimum bay size, “pancake”/ layered erection method etc.
- Proficient in analysis and design of various types of steel modules ( PAR, PAU, PAS, PAB, VPU etc.), complete with static and rotating equipment, Pipes, E&I fittings
- Experience should include proficiency in In-place Analysis, Sea / Land transportation analysis and Lifting analysis including sea grillage design, sea fastenings requirement, Land transportation requirement.
- Experience in connection nodes design
- Prepare & maintain Weight Control Report of the modules
- Prepare Specification for Module design & Sub contract requisitions along with MTO/BOQ and participate in Technical Bid evaluation
- Field engineering support, Able to evaluate and approve Steel yards for module fabrication
- Supervise and coordinate steel fabrication yards, quality controls, testing etc.
- Review technical drawings and advise any discrepancies before commencement of fabrication works
- Proficient in Clash Check & 3D Model review
- To be part of field engineering team as per project need to resolve technical problems or issues faced at work site.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Registered Professional in any Accredited Professional Entity/Country, with 15 to 20 years of experience in Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects
- Adept with software for Civil / Structural (both Concrete and Steel) design calculations such as STAAD.Pro, SACS, Limcon, TEDDS, etc…Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design
- Have knowledge in Local Singapore CSA Permitting Requirements
- Familiar with Civil Structural, Architectural and HVAC design and drafting activities including 3D Design, SPR, Navisworks etc.
- Able to lead, motivate & guide a team comprising of Engineers & Designers
- Has strong communication & inter disciplinary coordination skills
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measure are desired
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.