Published: 28th November 2016 (7 days ago)
Job Title: Contract Technical Lead
Job Reference: 911857
Job Type: Contract
Industry: Oil and Gas
Description: 911857 - Contract Technical Lead
Our client is one of the largest international Oil & Gas companies in the world with operations covering the entire energy chain. The group operates in over 130 countries and employs over 95,000 personnel worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Contract Technical Lead, based in Doha, Qatar.
* Coordinate within Field Operation Transition Team all technical aspects for the contractual agreements required for the operation of the facilities post transition.
* Act as the single point of contact with NOC C&P Department.
* Participate and work with NOC C&P Department to prioritise contract implementation to meet the operational needs.
* Review and execute gap analysis of existing operational contractual agreements to identify suitability for future use and issue recommendations for NOC strategy with respect to each service.
* Actively support the NOC C&P Department in the novation of existing contractual agreements to NOC.
* Provide input and clarification to NOC C&P Department for technical aspects, required scope changes, omitted scope and areas of commercial uncertainty.
* Attend clarification meetings with NOC C&P Department and contractors, posing technical questions to support the clarification of the scope undertaken and advising on operational issues.
* Chair and lead technical meetings with contractors to progress the implementation of revised contracts.
* Provide dedicated NOC FOPS technical input to the Call for Tender process for the Field Operations department.
* Liaise with technical specialists within FOPS (maintenance, inspection, production engineering) to understand operational requirements, develop and define the technical scope of work and the complete requirements of the service to be provided.
* Prepare detailed and comprehensive Scopes of Work for each tender package taking into account existing agreements, NOC partner frame contracts and local operating norms.
* Assist NOC C&P Department with development of the contractual remuneration model for each tender.
* Assist NOC C&P Department in the preparation of a tender list of prospective companies to answer the Call for Tender.
* Answer technical request for clarification received from tenderers.
* Establish a technical scoring procedure for each call for tender to evaluate the received tenders and identify other technical inputs required to complete the technical review.
* Undertaken the technical review of received call for tenders and coordinate the technical review process within FOPS.
* Prepare clarification requests to be communicated to clarify specific ambiguous areas of the submitted tenders.
* Execute technical audits of tenderers facilities to determine their suitability for execution of the services.
* Prepare departmental recommendation to NOC C&P Department following final review of the call for tenders.
* Establish a global FOPS contract start-up plan to manage the commencement of contractual services for NOC
* Develop communications procedure to ensure that all contractors are aware of NOC protocols prior to the commencement of operations.
* Prepare kick-off meetings with new contractors and manage contact start up with NOC C&P Department and designated contract Technical Focal point with FOPS.
* Assist NOC C&P department in the establishment of FOPS SQM plan.
Skills and Experience
* Relevant Engineering degree.
* Substantial broad practical experience in the area of oil and gas field operations including maintenance/inspection experience.
* Some experience in a Managerial role.
* A thorough and proven knowledge of the principles related to the contractual award process including practical experience in preparing contract scopes of work and evaluation of tenders.
* Some experience in day to day management of oil and gas field operations contracts including management of Service Quality Meetings, establishment and setting of KPIs and commercial control of expenditure.
* Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others.
* Demonstrate a rigorous and methodical approach to Field Operations activities whilst showing a common sense approach when anticipating and analysing work.
* Have a proven sense of responsibility, demonstrate a natural, flexible manner of authority.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911857.