Published: 12th February 2019 (4 days ago)
Contracts Advisor - Spring, TX
The Contracts Advisor is responsible for the collaboration, coordination, and execution of commercial and management of change activities for the enhanced bill of materials / catalogs implementation. This professional is focused on ensuring Category Strategies are properly reflected in eCatalog setups and on supporting the implementation of project contracting.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Coordinate process, produces deliverables, and updates tools to support development of
project contracting strategy, contractor qualification, bid slates, tender, and evaluate proposals.
- Develops detailed Contracting Plan(s) consistent with overall Contracting Strategy.
- Supports negotiations of any contested contractual terms and conditions.
- Obtains final functional review/endorsement of contract documents, as required (e.g., Law, Audit, Controllers, etc.), as well as required endorsements.
- Delivers pricing / other commercial analysis to Project Team (PT) for development of contract award recommendation.
- Develops internal kick-off meeting(s) with Company personnel to ensure contract awareness, reviews contract terms and conditions, change order process, and claims avoidance.
- Leads Contract Administration, including working with project and business managers in aligning on contract administration responsibilities.
- Reviews and comments on Contractor's contracting and subcontracting plans, procedures, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with Company's requirements.
- Expedites and files Contractor commercial documents (e.g., insurance certificates, Parent Company Guarantees, LOCs, etc.), and files original Bank Guarantees/LOCs per agreed
- Evaluate and updates project file system / procedures and Master Document Register.
- Reviews and coordinates PT contractual correspondence procedures / communications, including any notices associated with the contract (PT Document Distribution matrix).
- Develops the Contract Close Out Plan (part of Project Close Out Plan).
- 20 years of related experience is required.
- 5+ years' experience in Contracts Engineering / Administration preferred.
- Experienced in commercial negotiations, contractor management and contract administration.
- Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic /overseas).