Published: 14th November 2017 (10 days ago)
Job Title: Contracts Manager/ Engineer - Lebanon (Water, Dams and Tunnels)
Job Reference: 14384DOG
Job Type: Contract
My client is urgently seeking a Contracts Manager/ Engineer for Major infrastructure project in Lebanon. You will have a solid experience working with FIDIC 4 Edition (Conditions of Contract). It essential for this role this you are have Civil Engineering Degree and working on behalf of the Owners Engineer/ Consultancy.
Please that this is a long-term position to be based on site. The site staff live in hotel apartments in a regional town approximately 25 minutes from the current site office location.
Position and Duties:
* An essential element of the management of claims and Variation Orders is adequate monitoring of the Contractor's operations on site and the maintenance of accurate and detailed site records.
* Performance of the commercial aspects of a set of projects as part of the programme management consultant’s role on a major programme of infrastructure development works.
* Interface with other teams to meet overall program deliverables.
* Assists with the development of the contracts and procurement strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
* Ensures the correct execution of procedures for award and administration of Project contracts.
* Supervise and provide support to the contracts management team to ensure that they meet the Project objectives by establishing contracts and securing materials, equipment and related services on time and within budget, in an ethical manner at all times, in accordance with procedures
* Monitors and reports on contracts administration performance by Consultants and Construction Supervisors.
Water, Dams and Tunnels
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience within water, pipelines, dam & tunnelling projects.
* Strong knowledge of the contract administration aspects of major civil & infrastructure projects including roads, bridges and utilities with experience in procurement and contract administration.
* 15+ years post graduate experience.
* Undergraduate degree or membership of a recognised International Professional Body e.g. MRICS.
* Experience in international contracting mechanisms e.g. FIDIC 4 Edition - Conditions of Contract.
* Fluency in English language both written and spoken.
* Owners/ Consulting Engineer experience essential!
Salary: Monthly salary of 14,000 USD NET (depending on experience)
* accommodation and transport provided
* 3 return flight tickets per year
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the world’s leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major Power & Energy projects across the globe.