Published: 14th August 2019 (7 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently sourcing Journeyman Electricians in Carlsbad, NM.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support field electrical maintenance work and electrical isolation (Lock out Tag out: Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)) for lighting, air condition and motor maintenance.
- Plan and execute scheduled preventive and breakdown maintenance activities to minimize impact on production and maximize operational availability.
- Perform LV & HV Electrical Isolations and lock-offs.
- Carry out all activities to company standards and procedures
- Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures
- Provide input and assistance for new projects including commissioning work Perform skilled Journey-Level work in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment, apparatus and fixtures used in a manufacturing plant.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, maintain, repair and overhaul electro-mechanical and solid-state electrical equipment, using a variety of electrical test equipment, meters, powered and non-powered tools and equipment.
- Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring according to the National Electrical Code and company electrical standards
Skills / Qualifications
- 4+ years of closely related field experience preferably in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Licensed Journeymen Electrician with capabilities of acquiring NM Journeymen License
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.