Published: 9th January 2019 (11 days ago)
Airswift- Fixed Assets Reporting Sr. Analyst. Houston, Tx. 6 months assignment.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Fixed Assets Reporting Sr. Analyst to join them on a 6 months contract with the possibility to extend or even transition into DH located in Houston, Tx.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for reporting of Capital Assets transactions. Will be essential to leverage Oracle knowledge and project management skills.
- Process internal and external reporting deliverables to meet fixed assets accounting, FERC regulation, income tax and property tax business requirements and respond to ad hoc fixed assets information requests.
- Cooperate with various stakeholder groups to back preparation of reports & analysis
- Investigate technical accounting guidance based on enterprise wide Capital Policy & GAAP
- Examine complex Fixed Assets accounting transactions in support of Capital Assets accounting using Oracle and/or PowerPlan
- Address Audit requests from Internal audit
- Uphold key internal controls resulting in favorable obedience
- Create documentation procedures for cross-training chances for peers and other accounting staff
- Collaborate with Fixed Assets and Project Accounting teams to support preparation of financials, as needed.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders across U.S. and Canada to find data needs, support Tax and Regulatory/Audit requirements
Previous education & experience required:
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 years of experience
- Problem solving, analytical, communication and verbal skills.
- Orientation to customer service and able to work well under tight deadlines for project completion
- GAAP accounting knowledge and understanding of Sox compliance
- Knowledge of Fixed Assets accounting policies and procedures in the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience with Oracle
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and system knowledge using querying tools and pivot tables
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Accounting, Auditing, Tax and Regulatory standards and principles.
- Knowledge of PowerPlan
- Midstream/FERC Regulatory Reporting Experience
- Experience with U.S. and Canadian regulatory practices and requirements (i.e. FERC, NEB, AER and OEB)
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.