Published: 11th January 2019 (10 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
- The job holder is responsible to support both Well Construction, Well Engineering and Well Intervention departments in all the activities relevant to fluid and waste management
- The activity includes the identification, formulation and implementation of the well fluids systems as requested by the relevant programmes and operational activities. Furthermore, is in charge for the day to day monitoring of the fluids characteristics, relevant materials and chemical stocks, wastes and all other issues tied with the management of fluids required at well sites. He will support the directorate functions to identify the best operative and contractual strategies related to the storage, logistic and fluid system implementation. More specifically, the position holder shall:
- Prepare the pre-planning drilling/completion/well intervention fluids programs in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Identify eventual hazards/risks relevant to the area of competence, evaluate and propose the most suitable mitigation measures
- Support the relevant HSE function for the preparation of the waste management program for operational activity ensuring that it fulfills the Company’s HSE requirements
- interface with contractors in order to prepare the detailed Mud/Cement/ /Well-bore cleanup programs to be included in the approved Well Programs
- Promote, define and evaluate the laboratories and RD departments study related to the fluids and waste management optimization
- Prepare/revise the technical documentation, including specifications for tendering for products and services relevant to the area of competence
- Develop relationships within corporate and professionals
- Work with relevant departments teams to improve the flow of related questions and timely, accurate responses
- Prepare the fluids related section of the End of Activity reports, in cooperation with the Well Operations Engineering
- Ensure that hand over notes are adequately prepared to allow for a smooth continuation of the operations.
- HSE tours on certain basis accordingly Lead2Safety personal Commitment.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualification & Experience Requirements
The Qualified to high school diploma level in technical/engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in drilling/well testing/completion/work over operations, including at least 1 years of field experience, preferably off-shore Successful experience in recycling of Drilling Waste from Drilling Activities
- Operational experience in treatment of Drilling Waste contaminated with oil and H2S
- Experience on drilling through loss circulation zones and carbonate reservoirs and on the advanced techniques in curing circulation losses
- Knowledge of aspects tied with well operations in cold climate
The job holder must have proven:
- Intimate knowledge of Drilling/Well Intervention Fluids Operations
- Intimate knowledge of Drilled Solids Separation Technology
- Knowledge in Water Treatment and Technology
- Knowledge in Drilled Cuttings Treatment and Technology
- Aware of the advanced HSE management system requirements
- Capable to identify hazards and risks in relations to well operations and elaborate/propose mitigation actions
- Computer literate, with the scope of producing reports, and organize data
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.