Published: 11th April 2019 (8 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Are you interested in making it possible? Breeze in here like a breath of fresh air.
That’s our wood brand! If you are excited about making a difference and making things possible; Wood is the place to be. Currently we are looking for a HR Advisor on a fixed term contract in our Brisbane office to join our team to support a mix of blue collar and white-collar workforces.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being hands on where you will proactively partners with the businesses and its stakeholders, to enable delivery of strategic business objectives and HR cyclical activities
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure growth agenda is serving the needs of the whole company. Use data to inform, influence, support business decisions
- You will advise and support with respect to people matters, especially: employee engagement, leadership development, Organisational structure and design, workforce planning and management, remuneration, team development and a big focus on leadership coaching
- You will be instrumental in driving programs of work to develop the culture, grow capability and increase employee engagement. You will have passion to make a positive impact on people’s working lives, and thrive in an environment where plans are ambitious, there is ambiguity and you need to make trade-offs with your workload to keep multiple balls in the air, at the same time. As well as managing projects and initiatives, you will drive and communicate cyclical activities across the division
Skills / Qualifications
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator/storyteller, ability to communicate complex Human resource matters simply
- You’re a problem solver and solutions hunter. You have a can-do attitude and approach which means you’re comfortable getting your hands dirty and thinking innovatively about how you use tools and platforms
- You thrive working in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- You will have the ability to empathize with our clients—they’re not a number on paper and demonstrate that we care for our employees based at client sites
- You will be tertiary qualified in Human Resources
- A passion for delivering outstanding people outcomes with a strong employee focus
- Outstanding track record in successfully managing employee relations issues, and balancing commercial and legal imperatives
- Solid understanding of change management principles and experience in delivering cultural change initiatives
- Demonstrate relationship building skills and a great coaching style
- You’ll have a good understanding of employee engagement drivers
- You are curious and interested in challenging the status quo and finding new and innovative ways to deliver value
- You will have resilience and tenacity
- Experience with newly forming teams and teams across different locations and with types of workforces to help influence and help unite teams around common purpose
- Possibly have energy and resources industry experience
Why you should work with us
Every minute you spend working with us, you’re making it possible for Wood. The more we delight people with our expertise and experience, the bigger an impact we’ll have in solving our client’s needs.
You’ll work with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow a project, engineering and technical services.
While we’ll spend a few days a week together in the office, we encourage you to get out on site and visit our employees and experience their world. You can also mix it up and work from home. And while we don’t have a Friday drinks cart you do get to leave early on a Friday to do as you please.
This depends on your experience but just because we’re a project, engineering and technical services, we pay competitively externally and internally fair, and are determined to make this the best job you'll ever have – you won’t ever want to leave!
Wood also provides 4 weeks paid annual leave, flexibility to take extra through purchased leave, and a whole lot of other benefits.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.