Published: 14th August 2019 (7 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently sourcing I&E Technicians for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in Carlsbad, NM. Company is rapidly growing and looking for a long term full time employees.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Plans, updates, and oversees all activities within his or her areas of responsibility according to the laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and procedures. Special emphasis must be placed on health, safety, and the environment
- Supports and encourages team effort between operations, engineering, and projects groups
- Provides input and reviews the control specifications and work practices
- Attends and instructs (as needed) technical meetings, to keep instrument technicians informed of the latest specifications, codes, procedures, and technology
- Provides technical support to other Technicians for maintenance and troubleshooting on company's instrument systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Higher operational and maintenance understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate, and work with other personnel, departments, and outside officials.
- Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement and control.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.