Published: 19th May 2017 (5 days ago)
Job Title: Irrigation and Drainage engineer
Job Reference: 12969ABA
Job Type: Permanent
The position: Irrigation and Drainage Engineer I am looking for an in-house Irrigation and Drainage engineer based in Germany, who will be partaking in regular short term assignments in Morocco, Mali, North/ West Africa.
The ideal candidate will be looking for long term work and be open to discussing this role as a full time, permanent position. This opportunity is perfect for any Irrigation Engineer who is keen to work for a globally operating and multi-cultural organisation who tailor their staff development opportunities to the individual, putting your career progression first.
* Planning, design, tendering and construction as well as rehabilitation of irrigation and drainage systems and / or water supply systems
* Organization and support of water user associations
* Preparation of technical and financial proposals
* Project management and backstopping
* Preparation and review of project deliverables
* Assignments and backstopping missions in on-going projects
BSc/ MSc Civil Engineering; Hydraulic Engineering and/ or Irrigation and Drainage.
BSc/ MSc in Water/Land Management would also be accepted.
Essential Skills/ Experience required;
- Fluent speaking English and French. Basic German would be very beneficial.
- At least 5-10 years experience working on Irrigation, Water management, Water resources and Water Treatment projects in Developing Countries.