Published: 15th April 2019 (4 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Our operations in Kuala Lumpur is currently sourcing for a Lead CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer. The successful candidate will be required to lead a CFD team, execute assigned scope of work and support the developments of the CFD business in the region. This position will report directly to the Global CFD manager and the local Intelligent Operations Manager. The position will be based in our Kuala Lumpur office.
The successful candidate is required to supervise a team of CFD engineers and will be responsible for all the projects executed from the KL office. The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong track records in executing CFD projects for the industry. The ideal candidate should have at least 15-year experience in performing CFD projects with at 5 years CFD experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Assist in developments and lead the CFD team and work on CFD projects in the region and also support the global CFD team.
- Responsible for the consultancy projects from proposal stage to delivery of final report with high standard and good client satisfaction.
- Project management including monitoring of projects with an emphasis on delivery, schedule and efficiency tracking.
- Liaise and work with other discipline leads in order to develop the CFD business.
- Liaise with third parties and clients as required.
- Ensure that design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood.
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures.
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related field. Candidates with Msc, MEng or PhD will have an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years experience in CFD simulations of which 5 years in oil and Gas Industry.
- Good understanding of multiphase flows.
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and heat transfer.
- Good project management skills with understanding of both technical as well as commercials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to develop good client relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.