Published: 9th January 2019 (11 days ago)
Airswift - Legal Analyst - San Ramon, California
Airswift has been tasked by a major company within the O&G industry to seek a Legal Analyst to work on a 6-12 months contract assignment in San Ramon, California. This professional responsible for Social Media, Trademark, and Copyright reviews.
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Perform delegated paralegal tasks under the supervision and direction of attorneys.
- Deliver pre-publication review of marketing, PR and advertising materials.
- Review and clear marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as FTC Regulations & Guidelines).
- Partner with communications teams to identify necessary substantiation for claims made in corporate print, broadcast, and digital advertising.
- Guide clients on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines on social media posts and advertising.
- Assist in obtaining affidavits and releases for use of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, name and likeness rights, etc.
- Support the trademark and copyright team with trademark, copyright and domain name issues as needed.
- Issue spot and review corporate marketing materials as produced and developed by Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) and outside agencies.
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide guidance to Marketing groups on all the above topics.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of paralegal or attorney experience within an Enterprise in-hour or law firm environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Intellectual Property, Advertising, and
- Experience advising and managing social media issues.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.