Published: 8th January 2019 (13 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently seeking a Graduate Maintenance Engineer to join our Perth based team. Reporting to the Lead Maintenance Engineer, this role requires execution of assigned and agreed scopes of work for our clients and provides discipline expertise to the business.
We are looking for a recent graduate from a Mechanical or Electrical background with recent relevant experience in a maintenance and reliability environment desirable. In this role you will gain experience in many facets of maintenance engineering including but not limited to, maintenance effectiveness analysis, maintenance development, defect elimination and life cycle costing. If you have a passion for improving the safety and reliability of equipment this role may be of interest to you.
At this time we will only consider applications from Australian citizens, or those with required permit/Visa for this region in place.
Position Specifics and Deliverables
- Execute assigned objectives with limited direct guidance and supervision
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Wood and Client procedures in execution of work activities. Provide feedback for continuous improvement of procedures, as applicable
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Provide discipline technical support to the wider Wood business
- Provide discipline specific input to scope definition and execution for new project work scopes
Skills / Qualifications
To be considered for this role we require a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent qualification with recent relevant experience in a maintenance and reliability environment. Alternatively equivalent trade based qualification with hands on industrial experience in applicable maintenance discipline.
Other skills and experience required :
- Demonstrate balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Intellectually capable with ability to apply maintenance theory in a practical context
- Diligent and dependable in consistent application of the established process
- Professional demeanor with appropriate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work well within a team environment
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.