Published: 14th March 2019 (10 days ago)
Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: SBM Offshore
Key Skills: Strong experience with FEA, Ability to coach/ support others, BSc. Or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Salary / Package: Negotiable depending on experience, salary advised is €50,000-€60,000, pension, up to 10% bonus, food vouchers, relocation package (if required), 13 months' pay.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget. Looking for someone ASAP.
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Alex Butler
Key words: Mechanical Design Engineer, Offshore, FPSO, FEA, 3D CAD, schematics, manufacturing design, Design Software.
We are global leaders in the offshore oil and gas industry with an international presence across the globe from Europe and APAC to the USA. Our people have market leading experience and understanding of the needs of the global offshore oil and gas industry.
- Use technical expertise in the planning, designing, and engineering of mechanical components
- Develop safe and quality solutions across disciplines in support of project requirements with minimal guidance
- Ensure technical support to projects is provided as needed at proposals, project execution and operation phase
- Act as the recognised engineering tools and software expert within the discipline
- Develop and maintain mechanical calculation software and tools to optimise their use on project and minimise execution cost.
- Attend key design review with engineering and perform technical assurance when required
- Support supply chain department by assisting them in supplier selection & validation process
- Prepare engineering subcontracting plan for the discipline
- You will have a minimum of 6 years' experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering role
- You will have experience working in an FPSO
- You will have experience working in the Oil & Gas industry
- Ability to communicate effectively to Engineering Managers and business leaders
- Strong experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Competency in using 3D CAD software
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Good knowledge of programming tool with ability to customize or develop calculation tools
- Excellent math and algebra skills required for engineering calculations
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not 'tick all the boxes', but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Alex Butler.