Published: 5th December 2018 (11 days ago)
Airswift- Rail Operator. San Diego, CA. 12 month contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Rail Operator to join them on an initial 12month contract located in San Diego, CA. This position will be subject to extension pending client projects needs.
This position is an entry level role with 'on the job training' and development provided throughout the duration of the contract. My client requires a candidate that can perform physical tasks such as lifting 50LB, accessing small areas and climbing ladders as well as working in adverse weather conditions.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for hooking and disconnecting equipment utilizing several tools
- Responsible for routine maintenance to ensure that equipment and machinery runs effectively and does not suffer deterioration
- Inspecting equipment such as drives, motors, belts, fluid levels and replace filters to diagnose potential malfunctions
- Assemble as well as install and repair electrical wiring and electrical components
- Dismantle equipment
- With training & guidance will perform the transfer of hazardous materials
Previous education & experience required:
- High school Diploma or G.E.D
- Must be familiar and comfortable utilizing various hand tools (predominantly wrenches as well as power tools)
- Must be able and willing to work independently
- Strong experience of Microsoft office applications
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Petroleum or military experience is beneficial
- Candidates with loading and unloading operations experience is preferred
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G operator, which has the potential to be a very long term assignment please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.