Published: 7th December 2018 (8 days ago)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Experience: NQTs accepted
Salary: Up to 80,000BHT per month
Sponsorship: Single or Married with dependents (100% tuition provided)
Contract: 3 years, renewable
School Ethos/Vision: This International school in Bangkok is a British curriculum, community-driven school providing a quality, balanced English language education for international communities, which reflects the values and traditions of its sister school in the UK. The school has approximately 250 students from Nursery to Year 12, with small average class sizes of 18. Students have a passion for learning and as part of Thai culture, are expected to treat their teachers with great respect and honour. Teachers are mostly highly qualified British nationals who ensure that every pupil is greatly-motivated to learning and receiving the closest attention to detail. The school recognises that the quality of its staff, and their welfare, professional development and continuous improvement are essential to the success of the school.
Location Overview: Bangkok is a well-known mecca in South East Asia and a tourist hot spot. It is the dictionary definition of a melting pot and is a fantastic location in which to live and work with all that South East Asia has to offer on its doorstep. Cost of living is low so the saving potential for teachers relocating to Bangkok is high.
- Fully qualified teacher with a Bachelor in Education or equivalent
- Will accept applications from newly qualified teachers.
- UK curriculum experienced is preferred
- Previous experience in an EAL environment would be an advantage.
- Salaries are up to 80,000 baht per month (tax less than 10%)
- 12,000 baht housing allowance per month and the school will help the teacher find accommodation suited to the teacher's needs
- Flight allowance at beginning and end of contract
- Medical Insurance
- 100% tuition fees for dependent children