Published: 14th March 2019 (10 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Offshore Commissioning Engineer on either a 6x2 or 4x2 offshore rotation to work on one of the prestigious upstream oil and gas projects with our client ADNOC Offshore. Successful candidate must have practical hands on field experience during all stages of project life Construction, Commissioning & start up and be able to communicate with team leaders of a multi-discipline team.
- Assist commissioning group and operations personnel assigned to the commissioning group at the onshore and offshore locations.
- Assist Co-ordination and execution of the commissioning activities at the onshore and offshore locations
- Assist Co-ordination liaison for all interfaces on site and with all integrity groups to ensure to ensure the project requirements and performance standards are achieved, including maintaining schedule and cost targets.
- Review Operational Test Procedures associated with the Commissioning of Mechanical / piping, Process, HVAC.
- Provide input for the most effective use of vendors.
- Provide input during project review of ITR/ITP including system/s allocation during CMS population.
- have execution and working knowledge of CMS used on major projects ICAPS, GOC, Winpcs ETC.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Test as necessary.
- Provide technical input during planned systems fills, runs, N2 testing volumes, flaring, chemical cleaning, flushing
- Assist in the N2 leak testing project execution
- Input to the development of the detailed plan and planning systems including reporting of progress.
- Attending Commissioning and inter Department meetings.
- Support of the discipline commissioning engineers in achieving the commissioning scope.
- Support Liaison with independent inspection authorities and demonstrate facilities as required to satisfy the project performance standards and legislative requirements.
- Ensure that changes implemented during the commissioning activities are approved and documented.
- Provide Review of TQ’s, EQ’s, and SI’s insuring that they are included in the Commissioning scope where applicable.
- Provide assistance and directive in the Preparation of requisitions, technical specifications for materials, equipment and consumable required to perform the commissioning scope of work.
- Participate in the hand over acceptance of system/sub-system with the Mechanical Completion and Operations group
- Promote project safe working practices in line with the safety management systems.
- Provide positive input in Planning and scheduling the correct resource levels.
- Liaison with construction in providing and achieving the milestone objectives.
- Ensure that the relevant permit to work is in place prior to commencement of work and familiar with Isolations.
- Review of plant performance test procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum HNC / HND with 15 – 20 year of experience mainly being in offshore commissioning of mechanical rotating equipment’s for upstream oil and gas projects
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of Oil & Gas process plant & equipment
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of rotating machinery including Turbines & Gas Compression & pumps
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of machinery cold and hot alignment
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of vibration monitoring checks and baseline surveys of rotating equipment
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of HVAC systems and balancing of system
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of piping systems, testing, flushing chemical cleaning
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of valves & valve integrity testing
- Have extensive knowledge and experience of mechanical package equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.