Published: 14th August 2019 (7 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for Plant Operators in Loving, NM.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance, including monitoring operations of natural gas processing plant, product treating, compression, making necessary adjustments, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance. Oversee the overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions. Exchange information to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency.
- Operates plant facilities’ various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: Gas plant processing, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet and gas receivers
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responsible for plant start up or shut down when needed
- Monitoring plant remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Provides guidance to Plant Tech and Mechanics to insure plant is operating at ideal levels
- Communicates plant performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
- Manage acceptable condensate levels within plant specifications
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance.
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis events
Skills / Qualifications
- High school degree or GED,
- Willing to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Valid Driver’s license
- Mechanically Inclined
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.