Published: 16th May 2019 (4 days ago)
Learning Support Teacher
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Region: Far East and South East Asia
School Curriculum: IB from Early Years to IBDP
Experience: 2 years
Salary: Salary from approx. 90,000THB per month
Sponsorship: Single or Married with tuition for 2 dependent children
Contract: 2 years
School Overview: This school is a co-educational, IB school for students in Nursery through to Grade 12. Based in Phuket, the school was initially founded in 2008 and has grown to serve a mix of nearly 500 day and boarding students. The schools first Grade 12 cohort graduated in May 2016 and they anticipate that enrolment will continue to grow to over 800 students, including 150 boarders, by 2025.
This is a 'mission-driven school', focused on providing a holistic education through its education programme that consists of five components: Academics; Social and Emotional Learning and Mindfulness; Service; Activities and Outdoor Education.
The school is ideally located in peaceful northern Phuket at the foothills of a beautiful national park, away from the island's city centres, and only a 10-minute drive from Phuket's International Airport. The campus has a gymnasium, an outdoor Futsol pitch and basketball court, a multi-purpose hall, cafeteria, drama room, music rooms, health centre, library, student-run cafe, uniform shop, and a Mindfulness Centre, two science labs, a design technology studio, dedicated visual arts classrooms and an outdoor lecture area.
Role and Requirements: The school are seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced learning support teacher who has a strong background in this field.
- A degree and professional teaching qualification is essential
- A minimum of 2 years of successful teaching experience
- Educators with previous international experience, particularly with the IB curriculum are highly desirable.
- Personal experience with (or openness to) mindfulness practices and those with a desire to be involved in the residential life of the school are at a distinct advantage.
- The School is a dynamic and high-energy environment and they seek individuals that will thrive in a fast-paced, high-standards culture that keeps students and the school mission at the core.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary from approx. 90,000THB per month
- Beginning and end of contract flight for the teacher and their dependents
- Relocation allowance
- 100% tuition fee scholarship (Nursery - Grade 12) for children (maximum of 2 children)
- Housing allowance
- Multiple entry visa and work permit expenses.
- Two year contract