Published: 13th June 2019 (4 days ago)
Primary Y1 Teacher
Required: August 2019 (though flexible to January 2020)
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK to A-level
Experience: 3+ years
Salary: from approx. $2,700 - $4000 USD tax free per month
Sponsorship: Single or married with tuition for dependent children.
Contract: 2 years renewable
School Vision / Ethos: This is a UK curriculum school in Vietnam serving over 700 children between the ages 2-18 years, it is culturally diverse with a student population of 37 different nationalities. It is a lovely British curriculum school with excellent facilities that encourages the use of holistic and experimental methodologies. This school is suited to creative, experienced and confident teachers. It is unashamedly proud of its teaching faculty of more than seventy colleagues who are a well-qualified and experienced team. In addition to the normal responsibilities, all colleagues contribute to an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities that take place after school and at weekends.
- Fully qualified with 3+ years of post-qualification experience
- They are a British Curriculum School and although they recruit 90%+ of their teachers from the UK they will consider Australians and New Zealanders who have traveled and have relevant and recent UK experience (to A-level for Secondary roles).
- Generous tax free salary (teaching salaries are between about $2,700 - $4000 USD per month) depending on qualification and experience.
- Accommodation provided in the first year at least and then an Allowance;
- Medical Insurance;
- Flights at the beginning and end of contract;
- Bonus scheme upon the completion of 2 year contract;
- Tuition for staff children.
- 2 year contracts
- Teachers are typically able to travel extensively (every holiday) and save up to half of their salary