Published: 13th June 2019 (4 days ago)
Primary Y6 Teacher
Required: August 2019
Location: Ningbo, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK / Cambridge, IGCSE and A-levels in Secondary
Experience: 2 years
Salary: teaching salaries are from 24,750- 28,500 RMB after tax per month
Sponsorship: Single or Married, free tuition for staff children
Contract: 2 year, renewable
School Overview: This is an energetic, fast expanding, co-educational school catering for approximately 400 motivated and respectful international students from 50 different countries. There is a friendly and collaborative teaching team with Chinese co-teachers in all Early Years and Primary classes. The school offers Early Years Foundation Stage of the national Curriculum of England, followed by the Cambridge Primary and Secondary Curriculum, leading to IGCSE examinations and A Levels. The school offers a dynamic learning community encouraging self-management, curiosity, intellectual rigour, enjoyment and innovation. The school is located on an attractive, brand new campus in the High Tech Zone of the city of Ningbo, within pleasant surroundings with waterways, parks and busy markets.
Location Overview: Ningbo is one of China's oldest cities with a 7,000 year old history allowing visitors to embrace both an exciting and culturally stimulating city and experience a dynamic mix of both traditional and modern architecture and attractions. Ningbo sits on China's eastern coastline and is a long-established international port and trading post. The Hangzhou Bridge, the longest trans-oceanic link in the world, now connects Ningbo directly to Shanghai in about 2 hours.
Role Overview: A fantastic opportunity to form part of a refreshed Primary Teaching Team, consisting of 24 Teachers. Due to a convergence of ends of contract for international staff, the school is looking for new Primary School Teachers
There are two classes at each year level, so you will have the chance to work alongside a Chinese colleague (in class), and an experienced international colleague (who will lead the second class in the year group).
Classes are capped at between 18 - 22 students and all lessons (except Mandarin) are delivered in English. Subject specialists assist in PE, Art, Music and Drama as possible.
- Fully qualified with at least 2 years of teaching experience, with evidence of excellent practice
- Robust knowledge and understanding of childhood development and Primary Curriculum
- International experience is not necessary, nor is experience of the UK curriculum. However, both of these will be an advantage.
- Innovative and creative, with a deep passion for your teaching subject and for education
- Flexible, adaptable, ready to listen and learn, and highly committed.
- Capacity to offer extra-curricular activities
- Positive outlook
- Creative problem-solver
- Sense of humour
- Practical, hands-on approach
- Cultural sensitivity
- Team player able to win the trust and cooperation of students, staff and parents
- Teaching salaries are from 24,750 RMB - 28,500 RMB after tax per month
- Accommodation allowance (3000RMB per month)
- Airfares home paid via 1000RMB / month in salary
- Chinese health and medical insurance
- Free tuition for staff children
- Free hot lunch each day
- 10 days sick leave per year
- Resident Permit fees and Foreign Expert fees with associated medical, all paid.