Published: 9th January 2019 (12 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood are seeking to appoint a Process and Flow Assurance Modelling Consultant to join our Perth based team. This role is to support projects globally and reports directly to the Business Manager. Our successful candidates will work primarily with the team developing integrated models and pipeline management systems and through this work you will gain proficiency in Wood’s in-house Process and Flow Assurance Modelling tools and packages.
We are open to applications from candidates with entry level to intermediate experience dependent on technical interest and background, however would anticipate a minimum of at least two years recent relevant industry and sector exposure.
Please note that this role is open local applicants and those who hold existing work rights in place for Australia.
Key responsibilities include
- Gaining proficiency in Wood’s in-house Process and Flow Assurance Modelling tools and packages
- Support the project team in developing integrated models and pipeline management systems
- Perform thermo hydraulic analysis utilising the models developed (above point)
- Support the project team in maintaining, monitoring and supporting the existing integrated models and pipeline management systems
- Write clear and concise deliverable design basis documentation and summary reports
- Deliver scopes within the agreed project schedule
- Liaise with clients effectively and efficiently to address any technical issues and challenges
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) from a recognised tertiary institution
- Advanced degree focusing in the areas of process engineering / multiphase flow / fluid dynamics / heat transfer, ideally with a strong background in applied mathematics (preferred)
- 2 - 5 years process and flow assurance experience in the Oil and Gas industry with an excellent technical background
- Experience in working on process and flow assurance projects
- Experience with major software packages e.g. HYSYS / UniSim / OLGA / Pipesim / PVTSim / LedaFlow
- Programming / coding and data analytics skills would be an advantage
- Local market and sector knowledge would be ideal
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.