Published: 13th June 2018 (11 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently looking to recruit a Project Control Engineer on one of its ADNOC offshore projects to be based in client office. Successful candidate will be responsible to assist the PMT in setting up Project control plans and to track control budget by continuous monitoring of actual costs for owner, EPC Contractor and third parties; analyze and review the schedule impact claims for project; prepare/review recovery plans variations and contingency plans
- Monitors the Contractor’s project controls performance in the area of scheduling, progress monitoring and cost estimating and provides advice as necessary to make certain the Company’s objectives are achieved
- Prepare all required cost and schedule reports and provide project cost input into Project Monthly Report.
- Prepare cost forecast to insure budget requirements are within project expectations and keep management aware of potential budget problems as early as possible
- Review the Contractor’s procedures for estimating, scheduling and project controls and modify as necessary to meet the Company’s needs.
- Provides timely advice on cost and schedule impact of changes, modifications or alternatives by keeping abreast of engineering, procurement and construction and maintains project trends and change order log
- Coordinates and assists in the preparation of the annual Work Program and Budgets. Presents same to Business Manager and Project Manager
- Assist in the preparation of commercial terms and other documentation for the EPC Bid packages
- Assist in the administration of warranty and insurance claims
- Promotes inter-project communications and encourages teamwork
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or equivalent Degree Engineering, with fifteen years’ experience in planning and scheduling capital projects of which a minimum of three years in Oil & Gas industry
- Experience and demonstrated skill in supervising, performing and presenting cost control and analysis, schedule development, control and analysis and overall project reporting activities
- Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated skill to present planning & scheduling and cost information to management
- Extensive experience on usage of Primavera (P6) and MS Project. Knowledge of general EPC contracts issues, Design issues, standards, codes, specifications, yard fabrication methods, offshore construction operations, Oil & Gas operations and commissioning activities
- Should possess coordination I communication skills and very good knowledge of spoken and written English language
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.