Published: 16th April 2018 (11 days ago)
Job Title: Rail Systems Project Manager - Malaysia
Job Reference: 223jkj788
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Transport and Rail
Salary: £10000 - £15000 per annum + ex pat package
Experienced Railway Systems Engineering Manager to lead and coordinate multi-discipline systems engineering activities on a railway project in Malaysia. This role comes with an attractive ex-pat package and provides the opportunity to work on a landmark project.
The mission of the System Engineering Manager consists of supporting the delivery of all the Railway System Level Activities aimed to integrate the different supplies being part of the Transportation System. Activities will be focused but not limited to Interface and integration Management, RAM and Safety Management, Requirements Management, Operation & Maintenance and Testing & Commissioning aspects.
* Be the primary interface with the Contractor, each E&M / CW responsible, the Railway Authority, the Independent Safety Assessor;
* assure a proper management of the Scope of Work, both considering technical and coordination aspects.
* manages project documentation till the final approval of the Contractor / Railway Authority / Independent Safety Assessor.
* be responsible for all technical aspects that may arise concerning System Engineering Activities.
* coordinate the Staff of the General Contractor that is assigned to system integration / engineering activities.
* coordinate with technical team composed by several consultants based in the European Headquarters.
* take initiative as problems and opportunities arise and meet customer needs and company expectations.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
* 10 years of previous project delivery experience (design, installation, testing, commissioning and/or maintenance activities)
* Previous experience in railway signalling systems and E&M technologies applied to railway transportation systems.
* Valuable knowledge in CENELEC (or similar standards) product development lifecycle.
* Excellent English & Spanish, with effective communication skills.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills with co-workers, sub-contractors, partners and clients.
* Proven experience in team leading / management.
* Demonstrates initiative in problem resolution with effective planning/organisational skills.
* Shift flexibility (weekends or non-regular hours to adjust to project's needs).
* Availability for local and international travels.
10-15k USD per month plus ex pat package, depending on experience.
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the world’s leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major Power & Energy projects across the globe.