Published: 12th February 2019 (4 days ago)
Secondary Chemistry Teacher
Required: August 2019
Location: Jeju Island, South Korea
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK to GCSE then IBDP in the Sixth Form
Experience: 3 years of experience. UK curriculum and/or IBDP experience are essential
Sponsorship: Single or married teachers, with or without children
Salary: from USD41,200 to USD69,131
Contract: 2 years
School vision / ethos: The School is located on the beautiful island of Jeju, off the southern coast of South Korea. It is a selective, co-educational, boarding and day school that caters for students aged 4-18. The school follows the UK curriculum to GCSE; their Sixth Form students are offered the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma. The school's aim is to provide an ambitious education for all its students and to enable each one to make the most of their own gifts. An equally high priority is to maintain a team of professional teachers to whom each student is important, and who can introduce their subjects with enthusiasm and drive. Departments are extremely well resourced. Generous departmental budgets ensure that resources are kept up to date and innovative teaching initiatives can be funded. Teachers share offices with colleagues from their own and other departments in order to preserve the collegial atmosphere which is a vital part of the School's philosophy and founding. The School is fully computer networked and all teaching staff are provided with a Macbook Pro. Each classroom has an interactive white board, equipped with a sound system.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience of the UK curriculum and/or IB curriculum are essential
- Teachers are expected to be a professional and active member of the school community, working as part of the team to raise standards, improve outcomes and opportunities for all students and encourage students to embrace the school ethos.
- Staff are expected to make a voluntary contribution to the co-curricular life of the School.
- Competitive salary scale based on qualifications and experience and ranging from USD41,200 to USD69,131.
- Free tuition for dependent children
- Fully furnished housing
- Annual return flights to country of origin
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Tax subsidy scheme and an end of service severance payment.