Published: 16th May 2019 (4 days ago)
Secondary Maths Teacher
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Qingdao, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK to A-level
Experience: 2 years
Salary: Salary from 20,000RMB per month
Sponsorship: Single or teaching couples
Contract: 2 years renewable
School Vision / Ethos: Established in 2012, this is a 12-18yrs co-educational independent boarding school delivering a British curriculum to A-Level. Students at this school are mainly Chinese nationals who are highly motivated and high achieving. Academic results are outstanding and students go on to attend the best universities in the UK, US and elsewhere, with approximately 25% of their students receiving Cambridge University interviews. The school has modern and well-resourced classrooms with interactive whiteboards throughout. Classrooms are air-conditioned to provide a comfortable working environment with bilingual Chinese teaching assistants supporting all staff within the school.
Regional Overview: Qingdao is a major seaport in Shandong Province looking out over the Yellow Sea, an hour's flight time from Beijing, Shanghai and Seoul. It has a rich heritage and a temperate climate. It is one of the most affluent and fastest growing cities in China.
- Applicants must have 2 years of experience, the school prefers teachers with UK or IB curriculum experience but those with other experience such as US, Canadian, Australian and NZ will also be considered.
- Most roles requires experience to A-level applicants must be able to teach to A-level or equivalent.
- They are looking for dedicated, outstanding, qualified graduate teachers who want to help students learn rather than control.
- Teachers will be joining a hard-working, highly professional team and play a significant role in the pastoral and extracurricular life of this boarding school.
- Salary from 20,000RMB per month before tax
- Accommodation allowance
- Annual flights
- Initial baggage allowance
- Settling in allowance
- International medical cover
- Contract completion bonus (1 month salary)
- Two year contract