Published: 12th February 2019 (4 days ago)
Secondary Science Teacher (with Chemistry to IBDP level)
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Xi'an, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Experience: 2+ years
Curriculum: IB (KG - 18)
Sponsorship: Single or Married with dependent children.
Salary: 18000 RMB upwards per month plus benefits
Contract: 2 years
School Overview: This is a dynamic, not-for-profit school in the heart of Xian, focused on enabling confident, open-minded, global citizens, through life-long learning and a sense of community. To this end they are on a journey to be a leading international education provider in the region. They are fully authorised to deliver the three IB programmes. The school is located in the Hi-Tech Zone southwest of Xi'an's amazing, historic city wall. Xi'an is a wonderful place to study given its place as China's traditional capital and its historic treasures such as the world-famous Terracotta Warriors.
Location Overview: Dating back 6,000 years, Xi'an is the capital city of the Shaanxi Province. It is a good place to explore as alongside the historical and cultural attractions are a good range of modern amenities, and those searching for a taste of home will find Western restaurants, luxurious hotels and plenty of other familiar touches. The main tourist attractions include The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Small Wild Goose Pagoda, Huaqing Hot Springs, Banpo Museum, Stele Forest, Great Mosque, QianLing Mausoleum, Famen Temple and Maoling Mausoleum.
- Applicants must have 2 years experience and a teaching qualification in their field.
- The school requires teachers who have an inquiry based approach to their teaching.
- Ideally you will have some IB curriculum experience but teachers are welcome who share the IB inquiry based philosophy to teaching.
- The school likes driven, motivated individuals who are team players and can contribute to extra-curricular activities.
- A monthly salary from 18,000RMB per month upwards
- Annual flight allowance
- Good housing allowance
- Medical cover
- Free tuition for 2 - 3 dependents.
- End of contract gratuity equivalent to one month's salary.