Published: 7th December 2018 (9 days ago)
Start Date: August 2019
Location: Beijing, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Experience: 2 years
Sponsorship: Single or married teaching couples with or without dependents
Salary: Top salary and package dependent upon experience.
Contract: 2 Years
School vision/Ethos: This is a brand new school which opened to much fanfare in August 2017 and is the second school in the organisation to open in China. This is an international day/boarding school that plans to become a three program IB world school adopting the PYP, MYP and DP curricula. The school will adopt a Co-teaching model across the school to provide learning opportunities allowing students to enjoy the best of east meets west and become literate and numerate in both Chinese and English. There is particular emphasis on the Arts and Sport cultivating the value of cooperation, competition and innovation. The school is on a purpose built campus with some of the best facilities and will eventually have capacity for 3000 students.
Location Overview: Beijing is a bustling city with more than 13 million people on an area of 16,800 sq. km - the size of Belgium. The Beijing Municipality is flat and has a very orderly design - north, south, east and west circumnavigated by six concentric ring roads. The Beijing seasons are clearly marked by changes in weather and temperatures, and surprising splashes of colours. Beijing today is a city of vast contrasts - the new intermingles with the old, and the whole city is developing rapidly. Beijing is also home to a sizeable expatriate population and you will find countless opportunities for a great social life - there is something for everyone here and western amenities are plentiful.
Accommodation is a modern on campus apartment and is only 20 minutes away from the city centre.
- You should have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying teaching experience
- Experience should ideally include knowledge and experience of the IB curriculum.
- You should embrace the IB philosophy of teaching and learning and be student centred in your approach.
- The successful candidate will be a highly committed team player who is keen to contribute to the development of this new and rapidly expanding and forward-looking school.
- Previous EAL teaching experience is welcomed.
- Applicants must be willing to play a full part in the school's pastoral care and extra-curricular programme.
- You will receive a generous salary
- Return flights
- Furnished accommodation
- Full medical cover
- One off settling in and relocation allowance.
- Family members will be covered with Air ticket and insurance
- Free tuition is offered for the first child.