Published: 19th May 2017 (5 days ago)
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Job Reference: 914241
Job Type: Contract
The working environment:
The Mechanical Equipment Department of the Nuclear Entity is in charge of the following tasks:
- Procurement of mechanical equipment, nuclear fuel and associated services;
- Quality surveillance, supplier & repair qualification;
- In-service inspection and plant ageing management;
- Fuel quality control and handling;
- Diversified expertise in mechanical equipment manufacturing & operation
Within this department, the Fuel Group more specifically manages the described tasks in the framework of the fresh nuclear fuel procurement and of spent fuel containers procurement for their customers.
With relation to fresh Nuclear Fuel and spent Nuclear Fuel Containers (purchasing, inspection, repair, handling, operation)
- Be in charge of the following activities in close relation with the Project Manager and the Customers:
- Drafting of requests for quotation, bid evaluation and Customer support for negotiation;
- Contract follow-up from the kick-off meeting to site delivery and acceptance tests;
- Equipment Manufacturing follow-up in close cooperation with the Quality Surveillance group and with the Customer;
- Supervision of interventions in nuclear power units;
- Assisting and technical expertise in support of Customers and Plant Operators as well;
- Interfacing between Utilities and Contractors;
- Assisting the plant operator and the Customer in meeting and technical discussions with the Safety Authorities;
- Organizing of and participating into reviewing activities of safety files for spent fuel containers.
- Engineering degree, preferably in mechanics or electro-mechanics;
- At least 10 years' experience in the mechanical engineering sector - nuclear engineering experience is a strong advantage;
- Interest in design, manufacturing and site operation activities;
- Working knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
- Proactive, assertive, self-controlled personality;
- Analysis and synthesis skills;
- Common knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Ready to accept short missions abroad.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.