Published: 12th June 2019 (5 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior I&E Designer to support the Kemerton Lithium project based in our Perth Office.
The Albemarle Kemerton Plant is a greenfield world scale Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate production plant to be located at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia, and 17 km north-east of the existing port town of Bunbury.
The Albemarle Kemerton Plant will initially comprise of three (3) trains, each producing 20,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate. First product target by 2020. Expansion to five (5) trains will take the ultimate site production to 100,000 tpa by around 2025. Wood has been appointed by Albemarle to deliver the Albemarle Kemerton Plant project
This role will lead Instrumentation and Electrical design efforts for the project and support Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers with development of wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment. This job requires heavy interaction with designers and engineers within the Instrumentation and Electrical group, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conceptualize wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details as required
- Clear and timely communication regarding design change issues
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Respond to technical queries
- Contribute to site installation and commissioning information as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years general design drafting experience, with at least 5 years in the mining and metals processing field
- Understanding of discipline technology and other discipline requirements
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness/risk management skills
- Competency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Competency in 3D Design tools
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Senior I&E Designer ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.