Published: 8th February 2019 (8 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer to join our team in Melbourne on a 12 months contract. Reporting to Principal Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, the succesful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our client.
- To prepare, check and / or modify instrumentation and electrical design drawings from Engineering Data, Design Data and Vendor Data
- To provide detailed engineering design input during field scope definition, including interpretation and challenge of standards
- To prepare Material Take-Offs and Bills of Materials
- To actively communicate with other disciplines to optimise areas of interface, during the design development, review and checking processes
- Support design office personnel with site specific data.
Skills / Qualifications
- Should have over 8 years of post-graduate experience, with 7 years in the oilfield or petrochemical industry
- Demonstrate balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Relevant approved Certificate from a State Education Department or Technical Education Department or equivalent
- Expertise in SPI, Auto CAD & 3D modelling (PDS & PDMS) is mandatory
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a particular context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Mobile and willing to spend time away from office location as and when operation requires.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Senior Electrical & Instrumentation Designer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.