Published: 8th February 2019 (8 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior E & I Engineer, on a contract basis to work on Minor Capital Projects delivered for Melbourne Water. Primarily based at Melbourne Water office located at Brooklyn, Melbourne. The role involves travel as required to other Melbourne Water sites such as Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, Winneke Water Treatment Plant, Christmas Hills, and Eastern Treatment Plant, Bangholme.
- Work with other engineers in the capital projects team to provide detailed E&I engineering input to their projects – assist with scope & estimate, design & constructability reviews, procurement activities, Hazop & Hazids, commissioning & problem solving.
- Effectively liaise with and coordinate relevant project stakeholders including the Client, Authorities, work crews, design/drawing office personnel, construction/commissioning crews and subcontractors
- Prepare, review and approval responsibility for tenders, requisitions and technical bid evaluations for discipline material and equipment procurement.
- Ensure design packages and installations meet the Client specification, and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards
- Monitor installation & commissioning activities through active site surveillance, providing both technical and safety leadership in the field
- Apply competent knowledge of relevant standards, associated legislation and industry best practice
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar as well as membership from an internationally recognised professional engineering institute
- Demonstrate balance of on-site and engineering office experience
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Flexible with a proactive and can-do attitude
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience with Hazardous Areas, HV equipment and HV switching is preferable
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Senior E & I Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.