Published: 13th September 2017 (11 days ago)
Job Title: Senior Resident Engineer - Dams and Hydropower (RCC Dam)
Job Reference: 13925DOG
Job Type: Contract
Salary: US$10000.00 - US$13000.00 per month
Senior Resident Engineer - Dams and Hydropower (RCC Dam)
To start in Jan 2018 my client is seeking Senior Resident Engineer that will be responsible for managing the construction activities associated with the construction by the contractor of the diversion tunnel, dam, barrage, spillways and appurtenant structures of the project.
Project Type: 100MW+, RCC Dam, EPC Contract, to be constructed under a FIDIC Red Book type of contract. The electrical and mechanical plant will be procured under a FIDIC Yellow Book type of contract.
Specific duties include (but not limited to) the following tasks:
* Liaise on a daily basis with Project Manager, Chief Resident Engineer and the Contractor to undertake construction activities as per the Construction Schedule;
* Lead construction supervision team tasked with the construction supervision of the diversion tunnel, dam, barrage, spillways and appurtenant works;
* Monitor the quality of the RCC and conventional concrete produced, placed and compacted for the construction of the civil works;
* Monitor and report construction progress and take appropriate action to ensure that the works are being constructed in accordance with the Technical Specifications of the Construction Contract and the agreed Construction Schedule;
* Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the project management plans including the Environmental Management Plan and other requirements under the Construction Contract;
* Check and process requests for progress payments submitted by the Contractor;
* Deal with technical issues which may arise as a result of unforeseen site conditions;
* Assist the Chief Resident Engineer and the Contracts Manager in resolving claims and disputes which may arise with the Contractor during the course of execution of the project;
* Attend regular progress meetings with the Contractor, Client and other Stakeholders; and
* Prepare project progress reports and project construction reports including O&M manuals and the Project Completion Report.
Qualifications and Experience:
* B.Sc. or higher degree in civil engineering;
* Membership of a professional institution;
* 25 years’ experience in construction/contract management of dam or other related major civil infrastructure projects;
* Experience RCC dam construction;
* Ability to lead a team of civil engineers and construction supervision personnel;
* Familiarity with FIDIC form of contracts and Project Management software;
* Work experience on projects in developing countries;
* Experience in working in multinational and multidisciplinary work teams.
* Fluency in communicating in the English language; and
* Good report writing skills.
Salary Package: 10,000 - 13,000 USD Per Month
Salary package will include Housing, Accommodation, Flights, Vehicle and Insurance
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the world’s leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major Power & Energy projects across the globe.