Published: 19th April 2019 (about 1 month ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS
Executing assigned scopes of work. Supporting task delegation to team. Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific Procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
- Provide discipline support to the business.
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Deputizing for Principal as required.
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Interact with multi-discipline Engineering Teams.
- Agreement of personal career development plan with Head of Structural Design (Structural Design Focal point).
- Ensure personal performance management progress including continual professional development.
- Competency profile attainment against plan.
- Effective delivery of assigned work scopes in accordance with Engineering & Design Process and Procedures.
- Effective implementation of assigned IMPACT actions
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ (ten) years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrably practice Company Core Values and compliance with Ethics Policy.
- Safety by Design i.e. Understand and Apply Work Procedures and Practices, Compliance with Statutory Requirements, Discipline codes and standards
- Technical Core Skills i.e. Knowledge, understanding and use of WGPSN procedures, Understanding of International and National codes and standards for pipework design & Procurement, Ability to read and understand Process deliverables required for Piping Design, i.e. P&ID’s. Line Lists, Data Sheets.
- Structural Design i.e. Awareness of specific drawing requirements / presentation, Knowledge and understanding of CAD software (Specify), Use of Dimensional Control Survey Data for Modelling & Clash Checking
- Plant Layout i.e. Principles of structural design (economy, ergonomics, common/consistent arrangements), Understanding of access and escape route requirements
- Material Requisitioning
- Pipe Supports i.e. Knowledge and understanding of pipe support structures, Knowledge and understanding of pipe support loads & functions
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.