Published: 12th June 2019 (5 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Specialist to join our team in the Melbourne Office. Reporting to the Subcontracts Lead, you will perform a full range of subcontracting activities from preparation and evaluation of tenders, placing Purchase Orders, post award administration, approving invoices and close out. This position will initially commence on a 12 month contract with a view for extension.
- Managing the pre-contract process of bidder qualification, preparation and administration of tenders, evaluation, negotiation & award of various types of subcontracts, placing orders and processing invoices for various projects and liaising with various internal customers
- Prepare and negotiate subcontract terms and conditions
- Oversee kick off meetings and manage the communications between the business and subcontractors
- Perform post award administration including; checking and processing of invoices, query resolution and, recording and raising call off orders
- Conduct commercial audits of subcontractors
- Commercial administration of subcontracts including cost reporting, preparation and negotiation of claims, rate escalations and other associated issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous Subcontracts experience within Oil & Gas or Mining Industry would be an advantage
- Experience in Oracle, Maximo or SAP
- Strong understanding and exposure to subcontracting or procurement concepts and principles, particularly in the oil and gas /utilities / energy / mining industry and a good working knowledge subcontracts administration and procedures
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering or quantity surveying, or similar discipline, and an equivalent level of work experience
- Professional membership of CIPS or equivalent institute would be preferable
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you’re an experienced Subcontracts Specialist, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.