Published: 13th March 2019 (11 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Subsea Pipeline Engineer to join our team based in Perth, Western Australia. The team specialises in subsea engineering and provides engineering consultant services across multiple projects and employs technical expertise in the areas of project management, subsea hardware, controls / distribution, flow assurance, pipelines, risers and facilities engineering. We engage talented individuals who wish to build their careers and be recognised for their efforts.
This position reports to the Pipelines Business Leader - Subsea and is an immediate requirement for an enthusiastic and seasoned engineer.
Our successful candidate will join a team focused on delivering solutions for our client’s subsea assets in Western Australia and the APAC region. The role requires expertise in a range of specific software products including Abaqus, Ceasar II, AutoPIPE, FatFree and MathCAD and experience in onshore pipelines, well pads and associated facilities in addition to budget management and project scheduling.
We are looking for applications from those who have experience in bid / proposal development and a background in client consultancy environment.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Responsibilities of the role will include
- Provide pipeline engineering expertise to support ongoing and new project work
- Undertake pipeline design work including routing, mechanical design, lateral buckling, walking and on-bottom stability
- Perform design of subsea spools and tie-ins
- Perform analyses, calculations and assessment to support pipeline design
- Ensure design optimization and application of appropriate codes / standards
- Undertake calculations and reporting covering construction, logistics, buoyancy, route reconnaissance scoping and waste management
- Provide technical input to studies relating to heat tracing, routing, pipeline sizing, pipeline crossings, alternative export methods and pipeline capacity evaluations
- Provide support to multi-discipline engineering team during various phases of project life-cycle
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a resilient individual, possessing a positive attitude along with effective interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- 5 - 8 years experince in subsea engineering
- Degree in Civil / Mechanical ideally with First Class Honours and recent relevant Subsea experience
- Familiar with Codes / Standards related to Pipeline engineering and Oil and Gas industry
- Strong client consultancy experience and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in multi discipline engineering team for Conceptual studies, FEED and Detailed engineering
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis is advantageous
- Demonstrated effective technical report writing and communication skills
Keen interest in resolving technical ambiguity, trouble shooting and problem resolution
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.