Published: 11th January 2019 (10 days ago)
Overview / Responsibilties
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Administrator / Secretary to join us in our Reading office, providing a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to our Project and Document Control Department.
This is a Part-Time role, the hours of which are negotiable, however we would be looking for circa 24-30 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be a confident, proactive individual who is highly proficient in the use of current Microsoft packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The role will include the following:
- Diary management
- Typing of correspondence, minutes, procedures, presentations, reports, documents etc. where terms may be technical or complex; adjust spelling, punctuation and grammar as appropriate
- Expediting and collation of material from a number of sources in order to produce reports together with distribution as required
- Organisation of Project Control reviews, internal meetings, teleconferences and video conferences where needed
- Assistance with maintenance of the online Project Control intranet pages and management information areas
- Assisting the management team with the department’s recruitment activity including using in depth use of our recruitment system, iCIMS
- Co-ordination of all training activities within Project Control, including; attending monthly department meeting, booking external courses and applying to ECITB grants
- Screening of incoming telephone calls; where appropriate answer routine queries and / or escalate accordingly
- Preparation of graphical material for presentations including slide shows
- Co-ordination of the Performance Management System within Project Control Department
- Organisation of overseas travel, hotel arrangements, itineraries, visas, car hire etc.
- Attendance at meetings including minute taking where required
Skills / Qualifications
- Good PC skills required
- Must be flexible and able to work on own initiative
- Good verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven administrative experience
- Experience of working in a fast pace environment
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.