fircroft EMEA Recruitment
Published: 11th July 2018 (8 days ago)
Location: Azerbaijan (Offshore)
* The Well Site Drilling Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day on site planning and execution of drilling, completion and workover activities, maintaining maximum HSSE and operational efficiency, at maximum value in terms of cost versus benefits. He is responsible for implementation of all the company's policies, procedures and guidelines on drilling operations, safety and environmental protection.
Area(s) of Responsibility
* Has overall responsibility for well delivery and drilling performance
* Prepares and approves Daily Work Instructions
* Has responsibility for ensuring all plans, personnel, equipment and services are in place to support optimal and safe well delivery
* Has responsibility for ensuring maximum drilling efficiency (minimal invisible cost time)
* Acts as the primary focal point onsite between the client and the company.
* Supervisor to Offshore company Wells, Rig, TI, and Administration team.
* Manages the realisation of the Drilling, Completion, or Workover Programme and associated Work Instructions
* Coordinates onsite activities between company departments, subcontractors, and the client.
* Assists the WDTL in ensuring that all risks have been identified and tangible mitigation plans are in place.
* Ensures all equipment, materials, services are in place for timely well execution.
* Ensures daily Value retaining processes (e.g. rig calls, Daily Work Instructions, 10 Day Look Ahead) are being followed and are effective.
* In consultation with WDTL takes necessary steps to mitigate any unexpected delays
* Ensures accurate and complete daily reporting and projection is taking place
* Proactively drives efforts to optimise efficiency with the aim of achieving zero invisible lost time (ILT)
* Feeds back into End of Well Report learning and any recommended changes
* Sets an example and actively promotes HSSE
* Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines on his/her assigned drilling unit
* Mentors, coaches and develops subordinates.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Should have at least 10 years' experience in Wells with a minimum of three (3) years as a Drilling Supervisor (DSV) or Senior Toolpusher
* Previous experience as an onshore Well Engineer would be a bonus but is not essential.
* Previous experience in supervising concurrent rig and production operations would be a bonus but not essential.
* Have valid IWCF Level 4 Supervisor Surface Wellhead certification
* Previous experience working for an Operator would be a bonus but is not essential
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.