Published: 11th February 2019 (5 days ago)
Airswift- Wellsite Geologist- Port of Spain-Trinidad and Tobago.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Wellsite Geologist to join them on a contract.
The job will include onsite operational support during drilling with some pre-drill technical package review and preparation to insure successful well delivery. Drilling operations include grassroots rotary wells, rotary rig sidetracks and sidetracks with coil tubing units. Well types include vertical to extended reach wells, high-angle slants, and horizontal wells (single and multi-lateral)
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oversee work performed by contractors (Mud Logging Geologists, MWD/LWD Logging Engineers, Wireline Logging Engineers, pore pressure detection/ wellbore stability).
- Safety features for the well and personnel
- Quality control of all contractors results and logs
- Well log correlation integrating log, image, cuttings lithology, cavings, MWD, and other operational data
- Selection of casing, coring, TD and MDT/TesTrak Points based on well correlations.
- Real time understanding of faults and calculation of incidence angles to wellbore from azimuthal density image logs
- Preparation of daily geological reports, daily litholog and End of Well Report after drilling
- Attend Pre-Spud and review technical package objectives and drilling program
- Gather and assess obligatory well site reference data, technical package, correlation / offset logs, maps, prognosis
- Establish operational contact links with Anchorage and the North Slope
- Reservoir examination: consolidation; grain size; roundness; porosity; cementation
- Pick casing point: isopachs; changes in drilling parameters; samples;
- Geologic risks; Directional driller: Target objective coordination
- Counsel MWD and mud logging personnel of program requirements and revisions.
- Wellbore landings and target adjustments to drill data
- Geo-Steering; Final Perforation Recommendations
Previous education & experience required:
- Previous experience in technical grounding in petroleum operations, operations and production geology, drilling and completions, and field development
- University degree in Geosciences
- 7 years offshore drilling (wellsite) experience.
- Columbus Basin wellsite experience and previous North Slope experience with CTD and horizontal drilling is preferred.
- Experience includes shallow hazards and mitigations, high angle development wells, and directional drilling.
- Knowledge of pore pressure detection, real time wellbore instability; operation and data quality from standard LWD tools and standard wireline tools
- HSE - High safety standards and behavior.
- Proficient in basic Windows toolkit including Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.