• Piping Design & Engineering Management duties involving client interface, preparing scopes of work, engineering estimates, inter-discipline coordination and schedule preparation and manpower forecasts for various projects and proposals.
• Coordinate between engineering/design disciplines by providing technically sound design consistent with the client’s requirements and all applicable industry and regulatory standards and practices
• Reviewing Key Document Change Requests (KDCR’s) that affect Discipline documents & support Project Engineering Team to evaluate cost impact.
• Provide accurate and timely Professional Service work hour estimates progress/forecast updates.
• Guide the team in preparation of “Estimate Basis Documents” (i.e. backup, sketches, drawings, takeoffs and calculations)..
• Drive resolution of Common Engineering Management Issues
• Project Award Review, Activity Progress Measurement, Design Status report, Project Change request, Principal Design Quantities
• Prepare schedule to plan and monitor the progress of Specifications, Stress Calculations, Material Requisitions and Design Activities.
• Track Engineering activities & effort hours with Project Control Systems (PCS)
• Prepare and issue engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-disciplinary design checks (IDC’s). Review and integrate comments and inputs of other engineering discipline into the relevant documents.
• Controlling the activities of checking, verification and approval of the engineering design documentation and the tasks assigned to staff
• Supervision of Engineering activities of peers and outsourcing partners. Regular visits to the engineering agencies to review the activities.
• Actively involve during initial stages of projects such as preparation of piping specs, line list, enquiry requisitions, TBEs, Material Control, stress analysis & supports Engineering
• Generate Project Startup Review document and IDC Matrix review
• Review project specifications, technical specification & vendor data.
• Mentoring aspiring engineers on piping and layout aspects and motivating them to take decisions.
• Thorough knowledge of the roles of other disciplines in developing designs.
• Possess the ability to work with very little information and draw on past experience and training to perform design work
- Review of plot plan, checking and reviewing of design bases for different systems
- Co coordinating with Detailed Engineering consultants and other stake holders.
- Focal for all the vendor queries, part of Vendor Alignments, TBA & TBEs.
- Currently leading all Pre bid engineering activities from piping and HSE team, FEED Verification projects & Review of Basic Engineering packages for upcoming Domestic and International projects.
- Review of all the Engineering Design basis and calculations for piping and Fire fighting Systems,